Frequently Asked Questions

What do you want to know about reusable pads?

Reusable pads are just like disposable sanitary pads except they are made of cotton and synthetic materials which can be washed and used for at least one year.

Our pads are produced locally in Dhaka, Bangladesh. We believe that keeping manufacturing local is important to our economic security and we like that we have full control over our facilities to ensure that these pads are made in a safe environment where workers are treated fairly.

Our cloth pads are made with soft cotton flannel and absorbent cotton. They are made with unbleached, printed organic cotton.

Put a clean pad into your underwear like you would an ordinary disposable pad. Snap the pad around your underwear. The smooth side of the pad goes against your skin, and the wings wrap around the crotch of the underwear to snap together.

Soak the used pad in cold water for some time. It is important to keep rinsing till the water comes out clean and clear. Wash it with a natural laundry soap or detergent. Just make sure it is free of bleach and fabric softener, which can both shorten the life of your pads and decrease their absorbency. It’s a good idea to choose a fragrance free option as well.

You can tumble dry or line dry in direct sun. We recommend drying them in direct sunlight as the UV rays in sunlight are an excellent natural disinfectant.

Cloth pads are perfectly hygienic if they are washed well, dried in direct sunlight and stored properly.

Every 6 to 8 hours (depending on your flow).

As menstrual cycles vary from person to person, you may choose to purchase enough pads to last your whole cycle. Generally, we recommend having 6 to 10 standard-sized pads (Shiuli), and 1 to 3 overnight pads (Jaba).

Cloth pads are made to be very absorbent. The inner parts of the pad are made of a leak-proof layer. Also, they’re typically made with wings that snap around the underwear to keep the sides of the panties dry. You need to change them out before they become totally saturated.

Soaking used pads in cold water prior to washing ensures that pads remain stain-free.

With proper care, our pads are made to last at least 1 year.

While it’s a personal choice, there are several good reasons for switching to reusable pads, including: preventing the usage of environmentally harmful disposable feminine hygiene products (which contribute to landfills); monetary savings by not having to purchase pads each and every month; experiencing the comfort of wearing soft, non-synthetic fabrics next to your body, etc.

Yes! Our cotton pads are soft and breathable, which is so much better than disposable pads that can irritate your skin. The soft flannel conforms to your body without the twisting and bunching up that can happen with disposables.

The blood doesn’t stay on the top flannel. The liquid gets absorbed into the inner layers. If your pad starts to feel wet it means it’s time to change it with a fresh one, just as with any other product.

When wet, squeeze (not too hard) the water out of your pad. If the water is transparent, it means that the blood has been washed out of the inner layers of your pad and your pad is clean.

Hot water will set in stains, shrink your pads, and ultimately shorten their lifespans. So choosing cold water to wash is the best option in terms of efficiency.

NO! These can inhibit the absorbency of your cloth pads.

Indeed! Please keep an eye out via our website for recruiting opportunities.

We estimate that around 75% of women in Bangladesh, during menstruation, use scrap cloth from old clothing that is folded and held in place by underwear; some women use these cloths for repeated menstrual cycles, while others throw them away after managing just one cycle. The remaining 25% improvise using commercially available disposable sanitary pads.